Terms of Service
Welcome to mkt.christianbookeditor.uk.
The following terms of service (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the Christian Book Editor marketplace website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through mkt.christianbookeditor.uk (the “Site”) by CHRISTIAN BOOK EDITOR LTD, and with respect to payment processing services.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 17 years of age or older. If you are under 17, you may not use this Site or Christian Book Editor marketplace services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request.
The original language of these Terms of Service, as well as all other texts throughout the Site, is English.
Buyers are users who purchase services on Christian Book Editor marketplace.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a Seller can create in response to specific requirements of a Buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a Buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a Seller.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a Buyer and Seller on Christian Book Editor marketplace.
Christian Book Editor Balance is the aggregated amount of your Revenue as a Seller or returned payments from cancelled orders as a Buyer.
Christian Book Editor Credits are credits that Christian Book Editor may provide users to be used only for purchases on Christian Book Editor marketplace, subject to these Terms of Service or any other applicable laws or terms.
Proposal® Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Gig for an additional price defined by the Seller.
Proposal® Packages allow Sellers to offer services in different formats and prices. Packages can include upgrades, which lets Sellers price their service for a basic price of over $7 (US minimum wage; c.2019) or £5.
Proposal® Page is where the Seller can describe their Gig and the Gig’s terms, and the Buyer can purchase the Gig and create an order.
Proposal®/Services® are services offered on Christian Book Editor marketplace.
Order Page is where Buyers and Sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Gig.
Orders are the formal agreement between a Buyer and Seller after a purchase was made from the Seller’s Gig Page.
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to Buyers and Sellers in connection with the Christian Book Editor platform, including with respect to collection of funds from Buyers in connection with purchases, remittance and withdrawal of funds to Sellers, currency exchange services in connection with payments in local currencies, and the holding of funds in connection with Christian Book Editor Balances.
Revenue is the money that Sellers earn from completed orders and can either withdraw or use to purchase on Christian Book Editor marketplace.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services through Gigs on Christian Book Editor.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
- Only registered users may buy and sell on Christian Book Editor marketplace. Registration is free.
- Gigs on Christian Book Editor may be offered at a base starting price of $7 (US minimum wage; c.2019) or £5. Some Gigs are offered at a base price of more than $7 or £5 as determined by the Seller.
- Buyers pay Christian Book Editor in advance to create an order (see Purchasing Section below regarding payment terms).
- Orders are purchased through the Order button found on a Seller’s Gig page or through a Custom Offer.
- For fees and payments, please read the purchasing section.
- Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Canceling orders will affect Sellers’ reputation and status.
- Sellers gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation. Advanced levels provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Extras, or selling their service in multiples.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through mkt.christianbookeditor.uk
- When purchasing a service, Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Extras) for Commercial Use License.
- Christian Book Editor retains the right to use all published delivered works for Christian Book Editor marketing and promotion purposes.
- Users undertake to comply with Christian Book Editor’s Community Standards, which are a set of behavior rules and guidance, applicable to the Christian Book Editor community and marketplace in addition to these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time.
- Sellers create Jobs (Gigs) on Christian Book Editor marketplace to allow Buyers to purchase their services.
- Sellers may also offer Custom Offers to Buyers in addition to their Gigs.
- Each service you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 90% of the purchase amount.
- Christian Book Editor credits Sellers once an order is completed.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Christian Book Editor Balance.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 8 – 9 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Sellers must not promote their Services or any Christian Book Editor content via the Google Ads platform.
- Sellers may withdraw their revenues using one of Christian Book Editor’s withdrawal options.
- The Seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by Buyers. High ratings allow Sellers to obtain advanced Seller levels (see Levels below). In certain cases, exceedingly low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- For security concerns, Christian Book Editor may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by Buyers, or associating multiple Christian Book Editor accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or otherwise, which may apply to them depending on residency or location. Sellers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown on the Gig page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Sellers.
- Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: Seller hereby appoints Christian Book Editor as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remitting those payments to Seller. Seller agrees that payment from Buyer to Christian Book Editor shall be considered the same as payment made directly to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Christian Book Editor (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Christian Book Editor (via its Payment Services Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Seller in the manner described in these Terms of Service. In the event that Christian Book Editor (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against Christian Book Editor and not the Buyer directly. Seller agrees that Christian Book Editor may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to Buyers that Christian Book Editor may deem necessary or prudent.
- Christian Book Editor partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding funds in connection with Christian Book Editor Balances. All payments services in connection with the withdrawal of funds on the Christian Book Editor platform are performed by Christian Book Editor’s Payment Services Providers.
- Sellers are responsible for obtaining a general liability insurance policy with coverage amounts that are sufficient to cover all risks associated with the performance of their services.
Christian Book Editor Sellers have access to several exclusive features that help customize the way their services can be offered.
- Sellers can also send Custom Offers addressing specific requirements of a Buyer.
- Custom Offers are defined by the Seller with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service.
- Custom Offers are sent from the conversation page.
- Services provided through Custom Offers may not violate Christian Book Editor’s marketplace Terms of Service or our Community Standards.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have a bank account or an account with at least one of Christian Book Editor’s Payment Service Providers for the withdrawal methods. All funds eligible for Withdrawal will be held on your behalf at an account with Christian Book Editor’s Payment Services Provider. All payment services, including withdrawal services will be provided by Christian Book Editor’s Payment Services Provider.
- Your Christian Book Editor marketplace profile can be associated with only one account from each Christian Book Editor withdrawal methods. A Payment Service Provider withdrawal account can be associated with only one Christian Book Editor profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 8 – 9 days after the order is marked as complete.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to reverse this process once it has begun.
- Sellers may withdraw Revenues only in GBP or USD except other additional currencies have been made available. All currency exchange services in connection with such withdrawals are performed by Christian Book Editor’s Payment Services Providers. Your Christian Book Editor Balance is always derived from its GBP£ US$ value and, therefore, the local currency amount of your Christian Book Editor Balance may change daily in accordance with exchange rates fluctuations and also includes conversion fees. Sellers always have the option to withdraw Revenues in GBP£ or US$.
Method Fees Service Availability
ACH transfer (up to 1 – 2 days) Free US only
Domestic Wire (1 day) $5/Free US/UK
TransferWise (same day) Free (same currency) Worldwide
*Payoneer (Coming Soon)
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
- You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the Christian Book Editor platform.
- Christian Book Editor retains the right to use all publicly published delivered works for Christian Book Editor marketing and promotional purposes.
- Buyers pay Christian Book Editor to create an order from a Seller’s Gig page or Custom Offer, using the Purchase This button. Christian Book Editor partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting all payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding funds in connection with Christian Book Editor Balances. All payment services in connection with the collection of funds on the Christian Book Editor platform are performed by Christian Book Editor’s Payment Services Providers.
- Christian Book Editor serves as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remitting those payments to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Christian Book Editor (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Christian Book Editor (via its Payment Service Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Seller in the manner described in these Terms of Service. In the event that Christian Book Editor (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against Christian Book Editor and not the Buyer directly.
- In addition, Buyers can request a Custom Order which addresses specific Buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from Sellers through the site or through Christian Book Editor Anywhere.
- In most locations, purchases on Christian Book Editor can be made by using one of the following payment methods: Credit/Debit Card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Christian Book Editor Credits, or existing Christian Book Editor Balance. Additional payment methods may apply in certain locations.
- Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a Buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of November 2020, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount is £1.46 or $2 on all purchases.
- Your existing Christian Book Editor Balance will be automatically applied to your next purchase.
- You may not offer Sellers to pay or make payment using any method other than through the mkt.christianbookeditor.uk site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support.
- By using any payment method or providing payment details for making purchases on Christian Book Editor, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Christian Book Editor; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
- Buyers may pay on Christian Book Editor in several different currencies. Unless stated otherwise, you will be charged in the currency displayed on the payment page. All currency exchange services in connection with payments and withdrawals in local currencies are performed by Christian Book Editor’s Payment Services Providers. In certain cases, however, when certain currencies are not supported by certain payment methods, you will be charged in GBP£ or US$ even if the price is displayed in another currency. In any event, the actual charged amount (in the actual payment currency) will be clearly disclosed to you before you complete the payment.
- Buyers should note that all prices on Christian Book Editor are derived always from their original GBP£ price, and therefore, non-GBP£ currency prices may change daily in accordance with exchange rates fluctuations and may also include conversion fees. Buyers always have the option to pay in GBP£ or US$ by changing their selected displayed currency.
- If you paid for an Order in a currency other than GBP£ or US$ and your Order was later cancelled for any reason, the amount returned to your Christian Book Editor Balance would be based on the exchange rate as of the date of cancellation. Therefore, the returned amount may vary from the paid amount in local currency terms, while always maintaining the same GBP£ or US$ value.
- Your Christian Book Editor Balance is always valued in GBP£, even if it is displayed in a non-GBP£ currency. Therefore, should you choose to view your Christian Book Editor Balance in any currency other than GBP£, it may change daily in accordance with exchange rates fluctuations, while always maintaining the same GBP£ value. Users always have the option to view their Christian Book Editor Balance in GBP£ by changing their selected displayed currency.
- Buyers may be charged with indirect taxes (such as Sales Tax, VAT or GST) depending on their residency, location and any applicable law, in addition to the price shown on the site, and, in any event, any such taxes will always be displayed to the Buyer before payment.
- Buyers agree that they are responsible to comply with all tax requirements applicable to them, including but not limited to any obligation to deduct or withhold taxes. It is hereby clarified that all prices and fees that appear on the Site are the net amounts that will be paid following any direct or indirect taxes, levy, withholding tax or deductions.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique GBP£ order number.
- Sellers must deliver completed files or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.
- The Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an Order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that Order after review, affect the Seller’s rating, and result in a warning to Seller.
- An Order is marked as Complete after it is marked as Delivered and then accepted by a Buyer. An Order will be automatically marked as Complete if not accepted and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after the Order was marked as Delivered.
- We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Christian Book Editor’s Customer Support department for assistance.
- When a Buyer orders a Service, the Seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Gigs. Failing to do so will allow the Buyer to cancel the Order when an Order is marked as late and may harm the Seller’s status.
- Sellers must send completed files or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Christian Book Editor will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.
- Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an Order are an essential part of Christian Book Editor’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Buyer’s overall experience with the Sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Seller.
- Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service or Community Standards.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Christian Book Editor marketplace platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Christian Book Editor platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a Seller’s Gig page.
- Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a Buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a Seller’s Live Portfolio on their Gig page if the Buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Gig’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Buyer has three days to respond. If no response is provided within the response period, the Order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on Orders up to 10 days after an Order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an Order after 10 days.
- Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Buyers through mutual cancellations.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Christian Book Editor’s Customer Support department for assistance.
- Order cancellations can be performed on Christian Book Editor, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that a Buyer or Seller encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
- Christian Book Editor, through its Payment Services Providers, reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Christian Book Editor Balance.
- Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Buyers, including no revisions.
- Requests for revisions can be performed through the Order Page while the order is marked as Delivered.
- Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.
- Christian Book Editor encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
- Eligibility for requests to Christian Book Editor to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations of our Terms of Service and Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Christian Book Editor delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Please, be advised that orders cannot be partially cancelled (i.e., we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
- In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the cancelled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Christian Book Editor Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Christian Book Editor Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Christian Book Editor Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Buyers must use Christian Book Editor Resolution Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the Buyers failed to inform their Seller of issues related to the Seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Christian Book Editor.
- Any non-permitted usage of Christian Book Editor encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations of Christian Book Editor’s Terms of Service.
- Christian Book Editor Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active Orders (after the Buyer submits their requirements and before the Seller delivers on Christian Book Editor)
- The Seller is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the order is marked as Late.
- Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
- Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of the Buyer requirements or the Seller’s delivery.
- The user is no longer an active Christian Book Editor user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
- Delivered Orders (after the Seller clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
- The Seller uses the Delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service to Buyers. Note: Multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
- The Seller delivers no files or proof of work related to the agreed upon order requirements. Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
- The Seller requests additional payments, on or off the Christian Book Editor platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The Seller is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
- Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.
- Buyers who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Seller not related to the agreed requirements.
- Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14 days limitation)
- Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- Buyers who did not purchase commercial use rights and are reported to have used the materials commercially. Note: Terms of Commercial use are found on the Seller’s Gig Page and cannot be retroactively included once the order is completed for over 14 days.
- Christian Book Editor Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents Buyers and Sellers from fully utilizing our Resolution Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
- Active Orders (after the Buyer submits their requirements and before the Seller delivers on Christian Book Editor)
- Christian Book Editor does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are returned to the Buyer’s Christian Book Editor Balance and are available for future purchases on Christian Book Editor. Until October 1, 2020, funds returned to your Christian Book Editor Balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid. In any event, if the service fees were not returned to your Christian Book Editor Balance following an order cancelation, such service fees’ amount will be exempted from your next purchase on Christian Book Editor.
- Deposit refunds (i.e., refunds directly to your payment provider) can be performed by our Customer Support team, based on the Order’s original payment amount and currency. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund, which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee.
User Conduct and Protection
Christian Book Editor enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on Christian Book Editor reflect the diversity of an expanding Gig economy. Members of the Christian Book Editor community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on Christian Book Editor’s Community Forums.
Christian Book Editor maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of Christian Book Editor. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on Christian Book Editor.
To report a violation of our Terms of Service or Community Standards, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support team.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Christian Book Editor in order to circumvent or abuse the Christian Book Editor messaging system or Christian Book Editor platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
- Christian Book Editor does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the Order Page.
- Christian Book Editor does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Christian Book Editor platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Christian Book Editor’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- Christian Book Editor is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, or age is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through Christian Book Editor to contract, engage with, or pay outside of Christian Book Editor.
- Users with the intention to defame competing Sellers by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status related actions determined by review by our Trust & Safety team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- Christian Book Editor reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, Christian Book Editor (or one of Christian Book Editor’s Payment Services Providers) will return parts or full revenue back to Sellers, otherwise the chargeback amount will be borne by the Seller.
- Users may report Gigs to Customer Support that may be in violation of Christian Book Editor’s Terms of Service based on the reported Gig’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Gigs).
- Sellers warrant that any content included in their Gigs shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or service marks. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Gigs, Sellers represent and warrant that they hold a valid license to use such music or footage and to include them in the Gigs.
- Christian Book Editor will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or our Community Standards or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing Seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – Christian Book Editor does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on Christian Book Editor should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Christian Book Editor condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please, respect our members’ privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off Christian Book Editor will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Authentic Christian Book Editor Profile – You may not create a false identity on Christian Book Editor, misrepresent your identity, create a Christian Book Editor profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information. Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Christian Book Editor reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).
Intellectual Property Claims – Christian Book Editor will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, or violation of third party’s terms of service.
Fraud/Unlawful Use – You may not use Christian Book Editor for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Christian Book Editor community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Christian Book Editor’s Terms of Service or Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Christian Book Editor. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell Christian Book Editor accounts.
To the extent that you provide Christian Book Editor with any comments, suggestions or other feedback regarding the Christian Book Editor platform or the Site as a whole, as well as other Christian Book Editor products or services (collective, the “Feedback”), you will be deemed to have granted Christian Book Editor an exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide ownership rights in the Feedback. Christian Book Editor is under no obligation to implement any Feedback it may receive from users.
Sellers should recognize that there might be a need for Buyers to disclose certain confidential information to be used by Sellers for the purpose of delivering the ordered work, and to protect such confidential information from unauthorized use and disclosure. Therefore, Sellers agree to treat any information received from Buyers as highly sensitive, top secret and classified material. Without derogating from the generality of the above, Sellers specifically agree to (i) maintain all such information in strict confidence; (ii) not disclose the information to any third parties; (iii) nor use the information for any purpose except for delivering the ordered work; and (vi) not to copy or reproduce any of the information without the Buyer’s permission.
- Christian Book Editor reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Christian Book Editor’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Christian Book Editor.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Christian Book Editor’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using Christian Book Editor’s dispute resolution tools (‘Resolution Center’ on the order page) or by contacting Christian Book Editor Customer Support.
- Christian Book Editor may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Christian Book Editor will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Christian Book Editor after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Christian Book Editor will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to Christian Book Editor by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. Christian Book Editor does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Christian Book Editor is not responsible for the content, quality, or level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, any communications between Buyers and Sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community, and common sense in choosing appropriate services.
By offering a service, the Seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights/licenses to provide, sell, or resell the service that is offered on Christian Book Editor.